Read me, please.
- Leaner, Greener, More Profitable and Productive: Doing More with Less on America's Small Farms. Edible Michiana. Winter 2015. (Also published in Edible Tampa Bay and forthcoming in Edible Richmond, Edible Iowa River Valley, Edible Ohio Valley, Edible Grande Traverse, Edible Columbus and Edible Capital District.)
- Snack Like a Pro: Top Local Chefs Get Hungry, Too. Edible Michiana. Fall 2015. (With Maggie Weaver)
- You Can't Buy This in Stores! Michiana Orchard Curates 200+ Varieties of Apples. Edible Michiana. Fall 2015.
- Giving Thanks for Cornbread: Putting an Everyday Staple on the Holiday Table. Edible Michiana. Fall 2015.
- Mint Conditions: Michiana is Just Right for This Fragrant Crop. Edible Michiana. Summer 2015.
- University of Food Diversity: Zingerman's Feeds Sophisticated Tastes in Ann Arbor. Edible Michiana. Spring 2015.
- 48 Hours in the Amazing Antwerp, Belgium. Drink Me Magazine. January 2015.
- Raising the Chocolate Bar: Single-Origin, Small-Batch—and Like Nothing You've Ever Had Before. Edible Michiana. Winter 2014.
- Sour Notes: In Brewing, Unlike Music, They're A Good Thing. Edible Michiana. Winter 2014.
- Call Her Madame: Michiana Cherries Strut Their Stuff in Chicago Beer. Edible Michiana. Winter 2014.
- Virtue Cider's Founder & Visionary, Greg Hall. Drink Me Magazine. November 2014.
- Modern Midwestern: Sky's the Limit for Cerulean Crew. Edible Michiana. Fall 2014.
- Bulk Up and Slim Down Your Waste: A Simple Strategy to Transform Your Shopping Cart. Edible Michiana. Summer 2014.
- Bacon Jam: Yes, Please! Edible Michiana. Spring 2014.
- Chewing the Fat: Edible Michiana Talks Bacon With an Expert. Edible Michiana. Spring 2014.
- Before You Eat, Know Your Meat. (Co-authored with Liz Core.) Edible Michiana. Spring 2014.
- No Humble Pie: Pleasant House Bakery Brings Royal Treatment to Three Oaks. Edible Michiana. Winter 2013.
- Mideast Meets Midwest: Oleana's Black Walnut Baklava. Edible Michiana. Fall 2013.
- Out of the Woods and Into the Kitchen. Edible Michiana. Fall 2013.
- Grant Achatz The Storyteller. Honest Cooking. January 2013.
- Paul Virant at the Good Food Festival. Chicago Foodies. March 2013.
- Recipes for a Healthy Community: Serving Up Local Food and Social Change in Monroe Park. Edible Michiana. Winter 2012.
- Sustainable Greens: A Michiana Farm Supplies and Inspires Chef Grant Achatz. Edible Michiana. Fall 2012.
- Rising Star: Love, Community Are Secret Ingredient at Rachel’s Bread. Edible Michiana. Summer 2012.
- O Cookie Beloved: A Maamoul Love Story. Edible Michiana. Spring 2012.
- Girasol: South Bend’s Pupusería. Edible Michiana. Winter 2011.
- At the Table with My Autistic Son. Hip Mama: The Parenting Zine. Issue #53 The Food Issue. 2012. PDF available by request.
- Freezer Burn, Or, How I Learned to Be A Midwesterner. Edible Michiana. Summer 2014.
- Where's the Recipe? Food Writing LIves. CookNScribble. July 2015.
- Escape from the Ivory Tower. Food Writing Lives. CookNScribble. May 2015.
- How We Do What We Do. Food Writing Lives. CookNScribble. April 2015.
Food and Beverage Reviews
- Virtue Cider, The Mitten. Drink Me Magazine. November 2014.
- Every Recipe a Work of Art: New cookbook illustrated by Edible Michiana's Katie Eberts. Review of Fresh Made Simple. Edible Michiana. Fall 2015.
- All Things Tomato: New Book Covers the Subject Stem to Salsa. Review of Epic Tomatoes. Edible Michiana. Summer 2015.
Editorial Work with Edible Michiana
Edible Michiana celebrates the local food movement along the South Shore of Lake Michigan. We are a quarterly print and digital publication with a distribution of approximately 18,000 print copies per issue. As Editor in Chief, I curate the contents of each issue, from developing our quarterly theme to assigning stories and working with writers from initial story concepts to final drafts. I also assign and edit all photography and illustrations for the magazine and play a lead role in issue production, working closely with our publisher and designer on layout and image selection as well as copyediting.